What we can do as NETZERO in the investor domain
We work with global and regional investors, financial institutions, sovereign issuers and corporates offering innovative and diverse conventional and islamic sustainable finance.
We bring project finance and economics strategy consultancy to structure and develop capital solutions for Project Developers
Background to Sustainable Finance and Green Sukuk
- Sustainable finance refers to the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria by financial institutions into business or investment decisions
- A key Islamic capital market instrument used to fund environmentally friendly projects in the Middle East is a green sukuk
- A sukuk is an Islamic financial certificate, similar to a bond in Western finance, that complies with Islamic religious law commonly known as Sharia
- A green sukuk is financially the same as a ‘conventional’ sukuk or Islamic bond. The one major difference lies in the usage of the sukuk proceeds. For a sukuk to be green, the proceeds can only be used to finance investments in renewable energy, renewable transmission and other environmental assets (such as solar, wind, waste to energy assets etc)
- Standard & Poor’s (S&P) Global Market Intelligence forecasts a stronger performance by the global sukuk market in 2021 than in 2020, with total sukuk issuance of $140 billion–$155 billion in 2021.